Home to many international businesses such as Coca Cola, Sun Trust Bank and Delta Airlines, the State of Georgia in the US boasts of a very strong economy. With its US$403 billion annual gross state product, Georgia’s manufacturing, tourism and retailing industry is certainly thriving. Georgia retail space planning therefore becomes very necessary for any retailing businessperson’s intent on achieving business success.
Like in every other city, retailing space planning in Georgia involves designing retailing outlets in such a way that efficiency and customer satisfaction is assured. Because it is from retailing outlets that customers purchase their preferred products and/or commodities, the design is usually undertaken in such a way that it draws customers into a shop. In this regard, display windows must be provided for.
Retailing space planning in Georgia is largely offered as a service by various companies and firms with personnel who clearly understand retailing business. In designing retailing spaces, they pay attention to an outlet’s overall structure, which informs the overall design. An outlets design in most cases features both permanent and non-permanent features that can be altered at any time to meet the needs of shoppers.
Generally, there are several retailing space plans that a company or firm may implement, depending on an outlet’s structure. These include:
- Straight space plan – This is a plan that effectively makes use of walls in displaying merchandise. Most Georgia companies do implement this type of plan for apparel and pharmacy stores.
- Pathway space plan – This is a type of plan that provides for a clear path for shoppers. Shoppers find it very easy to move from the front to the back of a store without any obstruction. It is the most preferred plan for apparel stores.
- Diagonal space plan – Self-service retailing outlets find this type of plan very suitable. This is because it provides for angular traffic flow within a store with a casher strategically positioned right at the center where shoppers can easily access him/her.
- Curved space plan – Implementation of this type of plan takes into account a store’s walls, ceiling and corners. It is implemented to yield a curved environment that provides for a sense of intimacy. This type of plan is most preferred by Georgia boutique and saloon operators.
- Varied space plan – This is the type of plan that most Georgian companies recommend for jewelry and footwear retailing stores. This is because the plan provides for focus areas and adequate storage along the walls.
Retailing space planning in Georgia is not limited to the internal of a store. A store’s external visibility is very critical in drawing in shoppers. This makes it very necessary for a company to employ visual branding techniques and exposure of a store’s branding.